Current version date: May 24th, 2018
Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our website.
What are the other techniques?
Cookies and other techniques are used in almost all existing websites.
By using cookies and other techniques we ensure for example that:
- Visiting our website is more fun and easier for you;
- You do not always have to enter the same information when you visit our website;
- We can offer you functionalities such as the wishlist or the shopping cart;
- We can measure how our website is used and where we can still improve it;
- We can recognize which device you use and can show you our website as in the best possible format;
Third party Cookies
Which cookies do we use? In brief:
Functional cookies ensure that our website functions correctly. Examples of these functionalities are the shopping cart and the checkout.
With analytical cookies we collect statistics about the use of our website by our users with the aid of third parties. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our website for the benefit of our users.
Social media cookies
Social media cookies are cookies that make functionalities of the social media websites possible. For example the ability to play a YouTube video or a ‘like’ button for Facebook.
We give third parties the opportunity to place advertising cookies on our website. We do this so that we can make the most relevant offers to you on the basis of your visit(s) to our website on third party website. For example you can see a advertisement from us related to the products you have purchased or viewed on another website. We ourselves have no insight into your online behavior, that data is controlled by the advertisement network like Google or Facebook.
In more detail:
Functional/necessary cookies help our website to function properly:
- The products you add to your wishlist are remembered and stored;
- To give a notification with an unfinished order, so that you do not lose your products in the shopping cart;
- Your browser settings are saved so that you can view our website in the most optimal format on your screen;
- The ability to save your log-in data so you do not have to enter it every time;
- The ability to respond to messages on our website;
- To control an even load on the website, making it functional and accessible;
- Detecting possible abuse or potential problems on our website, for example by registering consecutive failed log-in attempts.
We use analytical cookies with third parties to analyse the use of our website. These statistics provide us with insight into how often we are visited, and where we can improve our website. In this way we ensure that the experience with our website is continuously optimized. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address, which is made anonymous;
- Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and which device you use;
- From which page you came to the website;
- When and how long you visit or use our website;
- Whether you use the functionalities of our website. For example, making a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases.
- Which pages you visit on our website.
We use these cookies for example for:
If you want to disable Google Analytics, you can download a browser plugin from Google turn off analytical tracking
Social media cookies
How do social media cookies work?
Social media cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves. When you click on a social media button on our website, a social media cookie is placed. The social media company can then recognize your IP address the moment you want to share a page from our website. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the data they collect with them, we refer to the statements that these parties provide on their own websites. We encourage you to consult the privacy and cookie statements below on a regular basis:
- Keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- Keep track of how often you’ve seen an advertisement;
- To avoid showing you the same advertisement to often;
- Track if you click on one of our advertisements;
- Track if you’ve made a purchase after you have seen and/or clicked on our advertisement;
- We can combine your online webbrowsing, search and purchase behavior on our website regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics (from our, and other websites), our advertising partners can determine your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements on third-party websites.
Advertising networks act as intermediates for websites and advertisers. The advertisement cookies of these parties make it possible that:
- Our advertising partners can combine your Shop America preferences with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for advertising purposes, please refer to their policies. Because the policies can change regularly, we advise you to consult these privacy and cookie policies on a regular basis. The following parties place cookies on our website:
The information is transferred to and stored by Google and / or Facebook on servers in the United States. Google and Facebook both claim to comply with the Privacy Shield principles and are affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
If you want to turn off cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
Click on the 3 dotted icon at the top right. Click on ‘Settings’ > ‘History’> ‘Clear browsing data’. Make sure in any case that ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is checked. You can also indicate how old the Cookies should be. Select ‘Everything’ here.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Go to ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy’. Click ‘Clear your recent history.” Under ‘Details’ you can indicate exactly what you want to delete. In any case, tick ‘Cookies’. You can also indicate how old the Cookies should be. Select ‘All’ here.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click on the icon of a gear at the top right. Go to the ‘Security’ menu > ‘Delete browser history’. Now you can specify exactly what you want to delete. In any case, tick ‘Cookies and website data’. Click on ‘Delete’ at the bottom of the window.
Cookies verwijderen in Microsoft Edge:
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) at the top right. Click on the clock icon, this is the tab ‘History’. Click on ‘Delete all history’. Now you can specify exactly what you want to delete. In any case, tick ‘Cookies and stored website data’ and click on ‘Delete’. At the bottom you can indicate whether you always want to delete this data when you close Microsoft Edge.
Delete cookies in Safari:
Click on ‘Safari’> ‘Preferences’ at the top left of the menu bar. Select the ‘Privacy’ tab at the top of the window. Then click on ‘Delete all Website data’.
View the complete cookie overview of Shop America (pdf) – to ollow