Koopmans Apple Pie Extra Dough
The one and only Koopmans apple pie, the most baked apple pie in The Netherlands. 25% extra dough, perfect if you need a little more.
- Best-known Dutch apple pie
- For approximately 12 pie slices
- Weight: 580 gram
- Produced in: The Netherlands
Koopmans Apple Pie Extra Dough Product video
How to use this product?
Other ingredients you need to add:
- 1 package of Koopmans Apple pie extra dough
- 220g butter or margarine
- 1 egg (M)
- 1.4 kg soft and sour apples (approx. 8 pieces, eg Elstar or Jonagold)
- 100g raisins
- 30 grams of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Flour for pollinating countertop
All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Spring Form pan 24cm or 26cm or28 cm
- Mixer with dough hooks
How to make Koopmans Apple Pie Extra Dough?
- Soak the raisins in lukewarm water (about 15 minutes) and pat them dry.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into small cubes and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the apple cubes with the sugar, cinnamon and the soaked raisins.
- Place the oven rack slightly below the center of the oven and preheat the oven: electric oven: 180°C, convectional oven: 165°C, gas oven: setting 3-4.
- Grease the spring form with butter or use a baking spray.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate small bowl.
- Add 2/3 of the egg to the mixing bowl along with the apple pie mix.
- Mix it all with a mixer with dough hooks or by hand into a cohesive dough.
- Cover the bottom and the edge of the spring form with 2/3 of the dough. If the dough is too sticky, put it in the fridge for a while.
- Fill the pan with the apple mixture and press it down.
- Dust the counter with some flour. Roll thin rolls from the remaining dough, flatten them slightly and place them crosswise over the apple mixture.
- Brush the strips and the edge of the cake with the rest of the beaten egg.
- Bake the apple pie for 65 – 75 minutes until done and golden brown.
- Let the cake cool for about 1 hour before removing the spring form.
WHEAT flour, sugar, corn flour, raising agents: (E450, E500), salt, flavoring. May contain EGG and MILK.
|per 100 gram|
|Energy||1067 kJ/254 kcal|
|-of which saturated||4,3 grams|
|-of which sugars||22 grams|
The use of product information:
While every care has been taken by us to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary, and allergens may change. You should always read the product labels when possible and not rely solely on the information provided on the website. If you have any questions about current ingredients please reach out to our customer service.
Although product information is regularly updated, Shop America is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights. When you click through to a third party website, for example for recipe information or to watch a video you acknowledge we don't have control over these websites and we can not be held liable for any misinformation on these sites.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Shop America nor without due acknowledgment.